Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sonam Kapoor role in delhi 6


Sonam kapoor wallpaper in delhi 6

Sonam Kapoor loves to play the role of a good daughter in real life.

With Slumdog Millionaire being slammed for the ‘ brand of poverty’ it highlights, the Saawariya girl is quick to defend the movie, which stars her father Anil Kapoor.

“India is largely a poor country, which makes it a kind of underdog nation. So, I don’t understand the controversy about showing poverty in Slumdog Millionaire ,” said Sonam, responding to a question on Amitabh Bachchan’s criticism of the film.

“ It is a democratic country and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I loved the film.

I think it’s a typical masala film like any Hindi project,” added Sonam, who was in the Capital on Friday. In fact, she has already watched Slumdog Millionaire twice.

Bachchan senior had stated in his blog about fellow bloggers complaining that the film projects India as a “ Third World dirty underbelly developing nation”. Sonam said her father had really worked hard for the film and deserves all the accolades.

“ Thursday night ( when the Oscar nominations were out) called for parties and celebrations.” Sonam is also happy about the way her career is shaping up. Interestingly, she justified her ultra- choosy attitude saying she wants projects which will offer commercial success and artistic satisfaction.

“ I can’t be compared to Deepika,” she said, when asked about the latter’s impressive line- up of films. “ Deepika is doing commercially viable and formula- laden flicks. But I am looking for artistic sensibilities as well in my projects. Anyway, it takes almost a year to make a good film.” Sonam has been in news recently for claiming that she is not merely a showpiece in her films, unlike several of her counterparts. “ I am not just an ornament or a pretty face in my films,” she repeated on Friday.

Sonam had earlier announced that she isn’t in the industry “ just to wear good clothes and look pretty”. She added: “ Off screen, I am like any other college- going girl.” When asked if she has been an underdog career- wise, Sonam said she felt on top of the world. “ I was literally born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I have worked with two big two directors and actors in two big films. What else can I ask for?” she shot back.

After Saawariya in 2007, Sonam is now looking forward to Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s Delhi 6, which opens on February 20.

“ Abhishek Bachchan and I share great chemistry on screen. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan also joined us during the shoot and we would have a party every 10 days. But our DJ would only play songs from the 80s and 90s because he only had those songs with him,” she recalled.

Sonam, who plays a simpleton in Mehra’s film, said many girls will identify with her character. “ My character, Bittu, has qualities which most girls have in them,” she said.
Source : India Today

No comments:

Post a Comment